We Buy Books
We are always pleased to be offered books to buy & will purchase individual volumes or entire libraries or collections.
When offering books for sale, it's important that you provide as much information as possible. The checklist below is a good starting point. Once you have your information prepared, simply email or snail mail it to us & we'll look it over, get back to you in short order, request additional information if necessary & make arrangements to see your book[s] if we're interested. If you have more than a dozen books to sell, just select what you know to be the best six titles to start with & we'll proceed from there.
TBCL Selling Checklist
It's a good idea to give us enough information about your book so that we can determine if it's suitable for our stock. Generally, the information we need includes the following:
- The Author's name
- The Book's full title
- The publisher's name including the city of publication
- The year of publication - if there are different dates on the title page & the verso of the title page, let us know all dates
- Describe the binding - is it leather, cloth, paper, etc & the condition. Are there names, underlining, blemishes, etc.
- Describe the dustwrapper if there is one & any visible flaws
- Are there pages missing, are there volumes missing from a set. Please explain.
- Is your book signed or inscribed by the author & if so please provide details
Please do not ship book without our authorization & please consider that we don't buy everything offered to us. Often books described to us are unsuited for our inventory. They are not first editions, are relatively common or in poor condition. Check with us beforehand. Please note that for books offered to us for purchase, we do not offer estimates of a book’s value or appraisals.